Once you pass your canadian citizenship test and receive a citizenship certificate, you can apply for a Canadian Passport. Canadians who wish to travel abroad need a Canadian passport. You can expect to get your Canadian Passport in about 10 business days. The passport is valid for 5 years.
How to apply for the passport? What do you need:
- You need to print, complete and sign all 3 pages of the application form, which can be found on the official passport canada website.
- Two identical passport photos, taken within the last 12 months.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship (original only), it will be returned to you.
- Documents to support identity - must be valid and issued by a federal, provincial or municipal authority. For example drivers license, health care card and etc.
- Any Canadian passport or travel documents issued to you within the last 5 years.
- The fee (includes the passport fee CAD$62 and consular service fee CAD$ 25) total of 87 canadian dollars. You can pay in person with visa or debit card. The fee is non-refundable.
- Canada Passport Guarantor*. (Application form and one of the photos certified by your guarantor)
- He or she must be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older.
- Hold a Canadian passport that is valid.
- Provide the requested information contained in his or her passport.
- Be acceptable to Passport Canada for verification.
- Have known you personally for at least two years.
You can submit an application in Canada at - a passport Canada regional office, a participating Canada post office or a participating service Canada center. Find your passport Canada regional office here.
Try our Free Canadian Citizenship Test