These five tips will help you prepare for the Citizenship Test Canada. Read each tip carefully an start applying them today.
1. Read the “Discover Canada Study Guide”. One of the basic requirements of citizenship is to demonstrate that you have adequate knowledge of Canada.
2. Create a time-line. Once you determine the day of the test work backwards. Budget a specific amount of time every day. Consider other projects and time needed to work as you create your schedule.
3. Review a little each night. Do not wait until a test is announced to begin preparing for your test. Consider what would be easier – reviewing for 5-10 minutes a night or cramming for three hours the night before a test and only remembering a fraction of what you studied?
4. Don't just re-read notes or the text. Ask questions. Get someone to quiz you. Use our online citizenship test. Make up questions that you think will be on the test. Create new outlines of the material by writing some specific topics and filling in the details from memory.
5. Visit the government site for extra help. Bring questions that you may have or ask for ideas regarding the best way to study for a particular assessment.
The Citizenship Test Canada is used to assess your knowledge of Canada and the rights and responsibilities of being a citizen in Canada Read all the sections, then practice the questions with our Canada Citizenship Test. There is plenty of questions with answers. Make sure you don't make any mistakes.
What are you going to learn from the "Discover Canada" booklet, will help you a lot on your Canadian Citizenship Test.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship
- Canada’s History
- Modern Canada
- How Canadians Govern Themselves
- Federal Elections
- The Justice System
- Canadian Symbols
- Canada’s Economy
- Canada’s Regions
We recommend that you read the booklet at least twice. Don't try to do all your studying the night before the canadian citizenship test. Don't try to memorize everything in the book, concentrate on one major theme at a time until you know it well.