One of the most prized citizenship's in the world is Canadian. About 170,000 people become new citizens of Canada every year. Canadians believe that Canada is a special place. Most Canadians agree with the United Nations - "Canada is the best country in the world in which to live." To obtain Canada citizenship, you will have to demonstrate a deep commitment to this great country.
If you want Canada Citizenship, you must:
1. Determine if you are eligible to get Canada Citizenship.
2. Apply for Canada Citizenship.
3. Verify the status of your application and prepare for the Canadian Citizenship Test.
Use the latest citizenship study guide entitled Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship to prepare for your citizenship test
4. Take the Citizenship Test Canada, if you are between the ages of 18 and 54.
5. Attend a Canadian Citizenship Ceremony, if you are 14 or older.
If you are a permanent resident, you may apply for Canada citizenship by naturalization (grant) subject to the following conditions.
* The person is 18 years of age or older
* The person is a permanent resident of Canada
* The person has lived in Canada for at least three years out of the four years preceding the application for Canada Citizenship, including two years as a permanent resident
* The person has knowledge of Canada - Taking a Canadian Citizenship Test, which is required as part of the application process.
* The person is not a subject to any criminal prohibitions
* The person is not a war criminal
* The person need to have sufficient knowledge of either English or French.
Try our free Canadian Citizenship Test